Friday 27 May 2011

Outreach.

Today was my first day to do medical outreach. Four of us were taken to a school to nurse the children's minor scrapes, ringworms, and rashes. It was so much fun! The kids absolutely love the attention so I got tons of pictures. It was great being able to be so hands-on. The leader, Richard, would guide and advise us on what to do if we needed assistance, but allowed us to do everything. We washed the cuts and scrapes with saline, and applied antibiotic creams and bandages. For the ringworm we applied a specific medication. But to be able to directly help a child and be able to see the effects directly was a wonderful experience. I will definitely go again. 

Tomorrow I am traveling to Ada-foah with 3 other girls...Laura, Deena, and Maria. It should be a really relaxing weekend :) I'm having a great time here, but the city-life isn't my favorite so I really enjoy going away to the more scenic and natural destinations for the weekend. I've definitely decided I do not want to live in a big city when I start my own life...maybe a small one. But not one this big lol.

Now I need to go home and wash some laundry. Hope everyone's day is great!

Erin

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see all 1234084 pictures you've taken!

    ReplyDelete