Tuesday 31 May 2011

Tuesday.

This past Saturday everyone stayed in Accra. Most of the volunteers went to an Amnesty Conference here but I was not feeling well that morning and decided to try and sleep a bit more. I joined them for lunch and then Trivial Pursuit (British version) so I was really bad. Then we all went to a bar called Q Base to watch the Champions League Final...Barcelona v. Manchester which actually did entertain me the entire time. I found I actually got into it.

Sunday, Maria and Kim and I went to the Botanic Gardens and Cocoa Farm. The Botanic Gardens were beautiful and Cocoa Farms was just really interesting. Apparently it's the oldest cocoa farm in Ghana. They taught us how to dry out the seeds so it was really cool.

Monday was my first day in the Lab and it was and unfortunate day for me. They were in the middle of transitioning between supervisors so I didn't get to do anything yesterday. But today I ran some more rapid HIV tests (all negative :)) and learned how to take blood. I haven't gotten to actually take blood yet...I'm waiting on someone to come in with really good veins for my first attempt.

I'm still not eating well or feeling well after what little I do eat. I think I'll just have to get used to it until I leave.

Sorry this one isn't very entertaining...but I'm a bit rushed. So talk to you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment